Spanish giants Barcelona are open to considering the sale of Ousmane Dembele for a knockdown price this summer, a report from Mundo Deportivo claims.
The France international joined the Blaugrana from Borussia Dortmund for an initial £96.8m fee in 2017 but he has since endured a tough spell with multiple injury setbacks.
Over the past two-and-a-half seasons, he has been sidelined with nine separate injuries and that has limited him to only 74 appearances for the club across all competitions.
As per Mundo Deportivo, the Blaugrana are hoping that the winger can get over his injury troubles and can play a key role under the guidance of manager Quique Setien.
However, the same publication suggests that they could also be open to sanctioning the sale of the former Rennes graduate as they seek to cut their losses.
Dembele has just over two years remaining on his existing deal and it is reported that the club have placed a price tag of around £46m on his head ahead of the summer transfer window.
The Frenchman is currently out of contention after the complete tear suffered in his right hamstring in February, for which he has already undergone an operation.
September has been mentioned as a possible return date for the 2018 World Cup winner and clubs may be hesitant to make a permanent bid for the attacker without assessing his fitness on his comeback.
As a result, a separate report from The Mail has claimed that the Blaugrana could permit the loan departure of Dembele in the next transfer window such that they can at least lower their wage bill.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Champions League Semi-Final: Chelsea vs Real Madrid Preview
- La Liga 4-way title race and fantasy football picks for this weekend
- Villarreal vs Barcelona – La Liga Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups
- La Liga ESL decision rests on presidents’ shoulders
- Ronald Koeman wins first trophy as Barcelona head coach
- Spanish chances of a European double are still on
- La Liga’s Top Five Players Since January 2021
- Barcelona v PSG Preview: 5 Things to Watch Out For
- Barcelona must sell Coutinho, even if Messi leaves
- Lionel Messi has not made contact with PSG or Manchester City