Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi has not made contact with Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City or any other club and he will only decide his future at the end of the season, an exclusive report from Goal.com reveals.
The Argentine was eager to leave the Blaugrana last summer, but the Catalan giants declined to release him from his contract, expiring at the end of June this year.
Hence, he had to stay put with the club for the current season, given no club was likely to trigger the staggering €700m buy-out clause inserted into his existing contract.
Messi is currently free to speak with non-Spanish teams, having entered the final six months of his deal, but it is reported that he has no desire to do so until the summer.
Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City have been heavily linked with his services in recent months, but Messi has not held talks with either of those teams regarding a free transfer.
The six-time Ballon d’Or winner will make a statement at the end of the campaign where he will reveal his next club or extend his two-decade long stay with the Blaugrana.
- La Liga’s Top Five Players Since January 2021
- Barcelona v PSG Preview: 5 Things to Watch Out For
- Barcelona must sell Coutinho, even if Messi leaves
- Lionel Messi has not made contact with PSG or Manchester City
- Report: Liverpool set to compete with Real Madrid for Bundesliga superstar
- Joan Laporta identifies three possible replacements for Barcelona star Lionel Messi
- Joan Laporta lashes out at Paris Saint-Germain after Lionel Messi transfer talk
- Real Madrid offer two of their best players in a swap deal for Mbappe
- Real Madrid beat Liverpool to the signing of two-time Champions League winner
- Lionel Messi faces a dilemma as he struggles to leave Barcelona this summer