According to Marca, Croatian midfielder Luka Modric has agreed to put pen-to-paper on a new one-year contract to keep him at Real Madrid until the summer of 2022.
The 35-year-old has been with Los Blancos since the summer of 2012 when he made the move from Tottenham Hotspur and he has accumulated 363 appearances in all competitions.
Despite his advancing age, he has continued to remain a pivotal figure in the centre of the park as he is still one of the best in the business when it comes to the quality of distribution.
Earlier this term, the Croatian talked about the prospect of finishing his career with the Spanish champions and it is now reported that he has agreed terms over a contract renewal for another campaign.
No official confirmation has been made by Los Blancos regarding the player’s new contract, but it could be only a matter of time before Zinedine Zidane’s side announce the extension.
Aside from Modric, skipper Sergio Ramos is another experienced campaigner whose contract expires at the end of the campaign. As things stand, the club have yet to sort out terms with the Spain international.
Los Blancos generally hand one-year rolling contracts to players aged above 30, but Ramos reportedly wants a multi-year deal. He is due to hold talks with club president Florentino Perez at some point in the coming months.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- La Liga’s Top Five Players Since January 2021
- Barcelona v PSG Preview: 5 Things to Watch Out For
- Barcelona must sell Coutinho, even if Messi leaves
- Lionel Messi has not made contact with PSG or Manchester City
- Report: Liverpool set to compete with Real Madrid for Bundesliga superstar
- Joan Laporta identifies three possible replacements for Barcelona star Lionel Messi
- Joan Laporta lashes out at Paris Saint-Germain after Lionel Messi transfer talk
- Real Madrid offer two of their best players in a swap deal for Mbappe
- Real Madrid beat Liverpool to the signing of two-time Champions League winner
- Lionel Messi faces a dilemma as he struggles to leave Barcelona this summer